you're reading...
Business Visas, Uncategorized, Work Visas

Need a change of pace at the job? Apply for an L-1 Visa as an intracompany transferee and get a great change working temporarily in the U.S.

The intracompany transferee…. is this you? Great news, the L-1 has no cap on acceptance. Moreover, the company that you work for does not have to be a U.S. company, nor does it have to be a foreign company for that matter; it can be either. Finally, multinational corporation can use the blanket L-1 to apply for several people, and workers can stay up to 3 years, with 2 year extensions up to 7 years thereafter. Bring your spouse and kids as well!

So first, does your company qualify? Does your company have an office in the U.S.? In general, a subsidiary is a company, corporation or other legal entity of which a parent owns a certain percentage of the entity and has equal or more than equal control of the entity. L-1 Visas may also be obtained for start-ups and branches in the U.S.

Second, do you qualify? You must have served in a managerial or executive capacity or have specialized knowledge necessary to the U.S. business, have been working at your the an office outside of the U.S. for one continuous year, be transferring to the U.S. company at a similar level.

Third, is the U.S. office qualified? Even if your foreign company is starting up business in the U.S., you may need to show that the company has secured a business office space in the U.S. and that such office will support your executive position within a year.

Finally, review the I-129 form and familiarize yourself with its requirements. At some 35 pages with nearly the same in instructions, and dreaded blanks like the explanation pages, you may wish to discuss your L-1 application with an immigration lawyer, whether you are the employer or the employee. For more information, please email Andrew John Bernhard, Esq., or go to our website at http://www.miamivisahelp.com and send Andrew John Bernhard, Esq. an email. Good luck!

For more answers to your questions, contact MIA at abernhard@miamivisahelp.com or Miami International Attorneys at www.miamivisahelp.com.

Miami International Attorneys, P.L.

About Miami International Attorneys, P.L.

Miami International Attorney


No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Visas – Info on Each Visa Available

Andrew John Bernhard, Esq.

Welcome to MiamiVisaHelp.com’s Blog!

Welcome to MiamiVisaHelp.com’s law blog … discussing everything visa from the perspective of those that have a need, desire, or tendency to move from country to country for the purpose of work, survival, education, living, play, and everything in between. Please feel free to send Andrew John Bernhard, Esq. a message! We are always trying to enhance your experience, and help all of us movers, migrators, immigrants, ex-pats and travelers have an easier, happier, and more satisfying experience in the often confusing world of U.S. Immigration. Please feel free to visit our friends at USImmigrationMiami.wordpress.com and TheMitochondrialMigrator.wordpress.com to see more from similar minded people like yourself! Most of all…ENJOY! - Andrew John Bernhard, Esq.

Miami Visa Help by Miami International Attorneys focused on immigration law in Miami and South Florida, discussing visas, citizenship, green cards, and immigration law news

%d bloggers like this: